Massage Technician / HHP License

The Sheriff’s Department no longer issues Massage Technician Permits or Holistic Health Practitioner Registrations (HHP). In order to continue practicing massage in the unincorporated area, you must obtain certification from CAMTC (California Massage Therapy Council). Becoming a Certified Massage Therapist or Practitioner through CAMTC is a very simple and straight forward process. All questions about this process are addressed at the CAMTC website ( or by calling (916) 669-5336.